The notification for the UP Police SI exam is out now. With the exams around the corner, aspirants have doubts regarding the syllabus and preparation strategy for the exam. Here we have shared the detailed UP Police SI Syllabus and preparation strategy to help you cover the important topics and score better marks in the exam with ease.
Syllabus for UP Police SI Exam
The pattern of the exam is as follows:
- The UP Police SI Exam consists of four different papers: General Knowledge, General Hindi, Numerical and Mental Ability Test, and Mental Aptitude Test/IQ Test/Reasoning.
- Each paper consists of 40 questions.
- Each question carries 2.5 marks and no negative marking.
- The time allotted for the exam is 2 hours.
The detailed syllabus for the exam is as follows for all four papers:
|● India: Politics, History, Economics & Neighboring countries
● Books and their Authors
● Various Awards and Honors
● National and International Current Affairs
● General Science
● World Geography
● Indian Scientific Scenario: Its Multiple Aspects and Developments
● Sports and Athletes
● Basic General Science
|Basic Law and Constitution
|● General Knowledge about Indian Constitution
● Human Rights
● Traffic Rules
● Wildlife Conservation
● Reservation of SC/ST
● All India Service
● Directive Principles
● Aim of the Constitution
● General Knowledge about Law
● Principle of Crime Punishment
● National Security Issues
● Right to Self Defense
● Fundamental Rights
● Rules and Regulations of Constitutional Amendments
● Information about Social Law Related to Women & Children
|Numerical Ability Test
|● Number System
● Simple Fractions
● Decimals & Fractions
● HCF & LCM
● Ratio and Proportions
● Time, Work, and Distance
● Simple and Compound Interest
● Tables and Graphs
|Mental Ability Test
● Logical Diagrams
● Codification perfection test
● Word Formation test
● Common Sense Test
● Direction Sense Test
● Logical Data Interpretation
● Letter and Number Coding
● Forcefulness of Argument
● Word and Alphabet
● Determining Implied Meaning
|● Hindi Grammar
● Letter Writing
● One Word Substitutions
● Phrases and Idioms
● Sentence Formation and Correction
● Awards and Honors
● Famous Writers and Their Works
● Correct the Sentences
|Mental Aptitude Test
|● The Rule of Law
● Communal Harmony
● Law and Order
● Crime Control
● Gender Sensitivity
● Mental Toughness
● Sensitivity towards Minorities and Underprivileged
● Interest in Profession
● Contemporary Police Issues & Law and Order
● Basic Professional Information
● Basic Law
● Police System
● Ability to Adapt
|● Arranging in order
● Mathematical Ability Test
● Venn Diagram and Chart Type Test
● Time Sequence Test
● Problems Based on the Alphabet
● Blood Relation
● Direction Sense Test
● Series Completion
● Spotting Out the Dissimilar
● Relationship and Analogy Test
|● Visual Memory
● Space Visualization
● Observation, Relationships
● Arithmetical Reasoning
● Ability to Deal with Symbols and Their Relationship
● Arithmetic Computations and Some Analytical Functions
● Analysis and Judgment
Preparation Strategy: How to Prepare for UP Police SI Exam?
With such a vast syllabus, it can get quite troublesome to plan an effective preparation strategy for the exam.
Here are some key preparation tips for UP Police SI Exam:
- Disciplined Preparations
The syllabus for the SI exam is very elementary and self-explanatory. So prepare every part of the syllabus. Be up to date with BYJU’s Exam Prep for general knowledge and current affairs. The best way to maximize one’s preparation is to stick to a timetable and follow only selected books.
Following a study timetable helps maintain a good pace. It will also help aspirants judge their preparedness. Exam takers can refer to any one or more of the various standard publications. Yukti, Arihant, and S. Chand are some publications that are trusted and proven resources.
Most importantly, prepare short notes of every topic that you have studied. It will help you in last moment revisions.
- Revise and Practice
Revision is the key to acing any exam. Revise the whole syllabus properly at least 2-3 times before exams. Practice mathematical topics well and work on increasing your speed of calculations.
- Give Mock Tests
Mock tests are the essential part of the preparation and revision as they help the aspirant gauge their level of practice, help them identify mistakes, and rectify them. Giving both part syllabus mock tests and entire syllabus mock tests are essential to review preparation and keep it on track.
- Solve Previous Years’ Question Papers
UP Police SI Previous Year Question Papers must be thoroughly analyzed and solved as they offer the best real-exam scenario experience. Aspirants should also practice specific topics from last years’ papers in which they feel less confident.
Apart from the above tips, ensure that you maintain a healthy diet and get good sleep. Taking care of yourself is also crucial. Also, on the exam day, attempt all the questions as there is no negative marking. Try to make educated guesses for questions that you don’t know.
Curating the right study plan with the correct set of resources and converting it into an effective preparation strategy with expert guidance is the key to success in UP Police exams. However, exam preparation can seem to be a very daunting and stressful task.
Hence, to ensure maximum stress-free and correct preparation, BYJU’s Exam Prep is the go-to place for any serious aspirant willing to clear the exam. With all the required resources, it provides the complete exam-prep solution.
Thanks for reading my blog, Keep Connecting with our blog, who is looking Blog Sites for Students.