A toenail fungus, also known as onychomycosis or yellow broken nails can be frustrating and it forces you to keep your toes hidden inside closed shoes. Moreover, if you live in a hot humid climate then the risk of developing a fungal nail infection increases.
Who can get a toenail fungus?
As you age, the risk of getting a toenail fungus also increases. Chances are more if you have:
- Athlete’s foot
- Any kind of nail infection or nail injury
- Poor blood circulation
- Weak immune system
Onychomycosis is common in the big toenail and it can affect all the other nails. This can be permanently cured only by toenail fungus laser treatment at a good podiatry clinic. Get in touch with Dr. SeemaSoltani’s podiatry clinic in Irvine, Orange County, California, which provides treatment with their state-of-the-art laser equipment. They provide the best technology and specialize in pain-less treatments. They are said to be the most reliable podiatry clinic in Irvine, California.
Surgery is always their last way out. They try to treat any kind of foot problem right in their podiatry office in Irvine with the latest method and technologies offering profound patient care.
Causes of toenail fungus
The main cause of toenail fungus is the microscopic organisms due to which there is an overgrowth of fungi. There is a development of fungus since you often wear shoes and your toenails are in a warm environment.
- Walking barefoot mainly in public especially in moist areas
- Often wearing sweaty socks and shoes
- Nail injury
- Wearing tight fitted shoes every day for prolonged hours
- Cracks in the nail
Laser treatment for toenail funguseradicates any kind of fungal growth on your toes making them look beautiful.
- White or yellow-colored nails called lateral onychomycosis
- The odor from foot or nail
- Distorted nail
- Nails get thickened or brittle
- Corners of the nail may start disintegrating or the nail may fall off completely
A toenail fungus laser treatment costincludes consultation with a podiatrist who will guide you with free laser consultation on how the treatment would be and the time it would take for complete healing. The treatment cost would depend on:
- The severity of your toenail fungus and
- How nicely you want to get it treated
There are several home treatments available but the best is to seek the help of a good podiatrist. Over-the-counter medications can provide some relief but they usually do not last long and the infection returns. While looking for toenail laser treatment near me¸ you will receive the most effective antifungal treatment that will eliminate your toenail infection.
How to prevent toenail fungus?
- Spray an antifungal in your shoes and your feet
- Wash the area soon if you come in contact with infected nails
- Avoid getting manicure or pedicure from an unreliable salon
- Wear socks that reduce moisture.
So,make an appointment today with a good podiatrist and take the first step towards healthy and clear nails.